Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Working on a new painting.. and more :)


I love to paint, I love to cut and glue, I love Mixed Media.
I have been working on this one in the weekend. The collar and the button is cut out of scrap-booking paper. The bird is cut out of an old book. I did use modeling paste to get the nice pattern in the ring and I did use double plastic to make the dots around. 
Im not finished, have to add a little shadows to her face and put some life in to her hair.
This one is  15x30 cm a good size to work with.


I have also been playing with watercolors. I love to paint Snaefellsjökul but that is a glacier on the west coast of Iceland. I did paint another but I have already taken that one to the gallery. This one Im almost done with, have to work a little more before finished. 



If you live in Europe you have probable been watching Eurovision song contest. And as I think watching the tv is a waste of time I do often listen to films with a little look now and then. While watching or more listening to the contest I did make this little bird. He is made of aluminum foil, gibs and acryl paint. Love to make little sculptures. 

Have a beautiful weekend and a happy PPF :)

28 comments:

  1. We watched a bit of the Eurovision this week and think it is great fun... and I love all the work this week... you managed to be busy and all the colours are very fresh ...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracey, as I said I always have to be busy but I can listen :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful as always- and I use my little book I bought from you so often- and everyone asks me about it. Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear Soulbrush, so glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, that sculpture of the bird is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving your varied works. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many creativity within your style. saludos

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOur birds are always so creative, love your green bird sculpture. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bird sculpture is fantastic. Beautifully done. And the almost finished WIP are beautiful. Can't wait to see how in the world you can improve such nice art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Faye, Im still working on that one :)

      Delete
  8. what a sweet assortment of projects you have created! Love how you made your birdie. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Especially love your portrait and her hair and all the wonderful texture!!
    So prolific!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary, cant wait to see what you have painted today, love your new style :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I simply love you for saying that Sharon, nice comments always make me smile :) Thank you.

      Delete
  11. I think your little bird far outshines the eurovision song contest! Most of us here in Britain are rather ashamed of our contribution to the event over the years. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paper Rainbow. I dont understand why we are always taking part, this is such a political case, although I love music and like to listen :)

      Delete
  12. Love all of these, but especially that bird! Perfect colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely work. I love your mixed media lady, the colours and composition are perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your bird, so wonderful! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete